Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms to connect with your people to build your identity, increase sales, and build website viewers. This involves advertising great content on your social media platforms, listening to and attracts your followers, analyzing your results, and running social media display.
From a service providing point of view, I would describe its component
· Branded Content - to get recorded and shared.
· Social Publicity - special offers.
· Social Contact - get people to your store, event, share products, etc.
· Community Manage - keep your viewers/followers active and connected.
· Blogger Relations - ask some of the real mentors to share your content
· Monitor, Report, Analysis
The most important social media platforms in the present environment are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube.
Platforms For Social Media Marketing You Can Use:
You can create your page on Instagram. The page can be of your product promotion, fashion, or anything related to your content. If your page has many followers, then surely many brands will connect with you to do marketing of their product and services.
I use Instagram for almost 2 years for advertising and make connections with people's purposes. In this account, I publish my photographs and YouTube channel content.
NOTE: Create a Business account to understand the Insight
This is similar to INSTAGRAM only. Only the difference is between the User Interface (UI) and features. You can run ad foe advertising on both platforms but on Facebook, the targeting is much compared to INSTAGRAM.
I created four pages on Facebook for the purpose of different content. Skill diesel is the main page of my Facebook account where I share my YouTube content with subscribes. On the behalf of this page, I create a group of followers where all members can ask questions and give answers related to technology, graphic design, ng, and coding field. I also link my Facebook, Instagram account.
NOTE: You can link your Instagram account to FB so that whatever you’re posting on Instagram it will directly get posted on FB as well.
Well, I can say that if you have 1k or one thousand followers on Twitter, then it is matched to 10k or 10 thousand followers on Instagram because it is not very easy to get followers on Twitter. This platform is mainly used by celebrities, product advertisements, and many corporate companies. You can run ad campaigns through Twitter but it is costly as compared to Facebook and Instagram.
This is my Twitter account where 137 followers I have and I use this account for my YouTube channel promotion and my website http://www.skilldiesel.com/where I share my articles.
This is the social media platform of the corporate world and company level. Anyone who is looking for a job or having a job must have a LinkedIn account. Companies and organizations use this platform for hiring new interns and full-time job purposes. It will help you to grow your profile or business if you’re a freelancer. I also use this platform for business, promotion, and job purposes.
832 people are present in my connection in LinkedIn is not a good but an average number of connections. I started this account in 2020 after my graduation for advertising my YouTube channel and finding a job for my purpose.
NOTE: Lead generation on this platform is very costly compared to any other social media platform.
So, in my view, social media marketing is very important nowadays.
How you can do Successful Social Media Marketing?
Before you start to create an account and uploading something on social media, let’s know first about social media on large scale. The content strategy should be applied to your goals and the target market or audience. Identify your audience’s main needs and find out how you can solve them through your content. This forms the basis for your content strategy. The first step is to think about your social media strategy.
About your goals?
What type of social media platforms do you want to use?
What type of content or product do you want to share or discuss with people?
2. Planning and Advertising:
Social media marketing for small businesses usually starts with having a regular presence on social media. Almost 3.0 billion people use social media. By being present on social media platforms, you give your brand a chance to get famous by your future customers.
Advertising to social media is as simple as sharing a blog post, an image, or a video on a social media platform. This type of social media marking is just like Facebook you only post your picture or content but you should your content by giving time instead of creating and publishing content voluntary. Also, to make sure that you are expanding your reach on social media, you need to publish great content that your followers or audience.
3. Attentive and Commitment:
When your business and social media subscribers or following increases, conversations about your brand will also increase. People will comment on your social media posts, share your posts, and do direct messages from different mediums like WhatsApp, Messenger, etc.
People discuss your product on social media without letting you know. So you will want to check social media communications about your product or brand. If you get positive comments, a chance to wonder and delight them. Otherwise, you can offer support and correct a condition before it gets more wrong.
When you are publishing or advertising content or commitment to social media, you will want to know how your social media marketing is operating. How many people you reach on social media than last month? How many positive acknowledgments do you get a month? How many people used your post or content reference on their social media posts?
The social media platforms themselves provide a basic level of such information which is very helpful for your profile or brand.
When you have more revenue to grow your social media marketing, an area that you can consider is social media advertising. Social media posts, events, and ads allow you to reach a wider audience than those who are following you.
Social media advertising platforms are so active in these days that you can specify perfectly who to display your posts or ads to. You can create a spot audience based on their demographics, interests, behaviors, and more.
Internet users in Pakistan
There were 76.38 million internet or social media users in Pakistan in January 2020.
The number of internet users in Pakistan increased by 11 million 17 percent The addition between 2019 and 2020.
Internet infiltration in Pakistan stood at 35 percent in January 2020.
Social media users in Pakistan
There were 37.00 million internet or social media users in Pakistan in January 2020.
The number of users of social media in Pakistan increased by 2.4 million between April 2019 and January 2020.
Social media infiltration in Pakistan stood at 17 percent in January 2020.
Mobile connections in Pakistan
There were 164.9 million mobile users in Pakistan in January 2020.
The number of mobile users in Pakistan increased by 9.6 million between January 2019 and January 2020.
The number of mobile users in Pakistan in January 2020 was correspondent to 76 percent of the total population.
Social Media marketing statistics in Pakistan, August 2020
Facebook users in Pakistan
January 2020 – August 2020
1) In January 2020, There were 37.1 billion Facebook users in Pakistan, which accounted for 17.5% of its entire population. In August 2020, There were 42 billion Facebook users in Pakistan, which accounted for 20.2% of its entire population.
2) In January 2020, the bulk of the 79% were men, in August 2020 this percentage was decreased to 79.4%.
3) People aged 18 to 24 were the largest user group (14.2 billion), In January 2020. People aged 25 to 34 were the largest user group (16.0 billion) in August 2020.
4) The highest difference between men and women occurs among people aged 25 to 34, where men lead by 8.1 billion. In August 2020, this range is increased by 9.5 billion.
Instagram users in Pakistan
January 2020 – August 2020
1) In January 2020, there were 6.394 billion Instagram users in Pakistan in January 2020, which is 3% of its entire population. In August 2020, the users increased to 9.315 billion users of Instagram which is 4.4% of the entire population.
2) In January 2020, the bulk of they 65% were men, in August 2020 this percentage was increased to 65.5%.
3) People aged 18 to 24 were the largest user group (42.0 billion), In January 2020. People aged 25 to 34 were the largest user group (42.0 billion) in August 2020.
Messenger users in Pakistan
January 2020 - August 2020
1) There were 10.28 billion Messenger users in Pakistan in January 2020, which is 4.9% of its entire population. In August 2020, this was increased to 37.0 billion which is 17.5% of the population.
2) In January 2020, the bulk of they 77.1% were men, in August 2020 this percentage was increased to 80.1%.
3) 3.9 billion people aged 18 to 24 were the largest user group.
4) The highest difference between men and women occurs within people aged 25 to 34, where men lead by 2.1billion, this the range is increased to 9.1 billion in August 2020.
LinkedIn users in Pakistan
January 2020 – August 2020
1) There were 60 billion LinkedIn users in Pakistan in January 2020, which is 2.9% of its entire population. This ratio was being increased to 65.5 billion.
2) 3.5 billion people aged 18 to 24 were the largest user group, this ration was increased by 3.7 billion.
Importance of social media marketing
We all know that social media marketing is increasing immediately above 95% of the marketers are using social media to advertise and promote their product and brand and above 76% of the salespersons using social media to grow up their sales. But 50% of the new staring companies don't know the importance of social media marketing so that’s why they are not using it as a technique for business purposes. I am telling you the importance and requirement of social media marketing in today's world. According to social media campiness and research that no one can live without social media so for the sake of using social media, we can use it for our advantage.
· The most important edge of social media is growing your brand recognition rapidly. When social media is not popular, growing brand recognition in people is very difficult for businesses it takes so long for businesses to grow their brand recognition in people. For the solution, if this problem the concept of copyright, patent, and trademark is introduced.
· social media marketing is a type of market place through which you can Advertise your product for sale purpose by using different platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. You can also monitor what is the positive response and appeal of a product or brand in the market.
· Social media increases the viewers on your website even if you are having a local shop through social media you can grow local customers by advertising through social media platforms.
· Social media marketing is cost-efficient. Anyone can promote his product at a low cost and get a good return. The largest purpose is to start a company where they generally have a limited budget because they can advertise their product. Creating profiles and posting your product is free for most of the social media platforms and paid advertisements are normally at a low cost.
It is declared that social media marketing has a huge amount of advantages so if you are not the part of social media HURRY UP and JOIN IT.