It's obvious that every software development group tests its products, yet delivered software always has defects and there is no 100% in software development life-cycle and you may encountered any possible scenarios. Test engineers strive to catch them before the product is released but they always creep in and they often reappear, even with the best manual testing processes. Test Automation is the best way to increase the effectiveness, efficiency and coverage of your software testing.
What is automation then ?
Automation testing is an Automatic technique where the tester writes scripts by own and uses suitable software to test the software. It is basically an automation process of a manual process. Like regression testing, Automation testing also used to test the application from load, performance and stress point of view.
Why Test Automation ?
With the years of experience I can say that test automation is very useful from following perspectives :
- Automated Software Testing Saves Time and Money
- Vastly Increases Your Test Coverage
- Automation Does What Manual Testing Cannot
- Testing Improves Accuracy
- Automated QA Testing Helps Developers and Testers
- QA and Dev Team Morale Improves
Automated testing scenarios :
You may hear about test automation in following situations.
- Automated tests on machines and running them
- Automated tests on build servers ( i.e. using Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Buddy, Kubernetes etc )
Some understanding :
- Web driver is a software that contains programming interface for controlling all kinds of possible actions in browser.
- TestNG is a testing framework. It structures, groups, and launches tests. It also generates testing reports.
- Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool. It manages all dependencies and different flows for building a project.
How to plug TESTING with Eclipse:
- Install new software / Market place
- Eclipse-> Window
- Install Java
- Set Environment variable+ System variable
- Downloading Selenium web driver
- Create new project
- Add external Jars and system variables
- Add TESTING class to project
Note: next post will contain more about automation with TESTING